Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Day Is Finally Here!

We thought Lorena was going to set the world record for longest, most stubborn umbilical cord, but today it finally gave up and let loose.



In weather-related news, it was another beautiful day today. Abilene, Brody and I played outside for a while, which consisted mostly of me chasing them around and getting tired while the relentless cries of "Daddy chase me!" continued. Finally I had the two simply race each other while I caught my breath.



And I know some of you have seen our neighbor's backyard, and others have only heard the stories, but here's a shot of what you would see if you peeked over the fence.




And that's just the half of it. The entire backyard looks like where old patio sets go to die. No kidding, I counted half a dozen patio table umbrellas. Not sure if they used to have a business, have some bizzare yard furniture fettish or just like cramming furniture in so tightly you couldn't possibly sit on any of it.

But at least I know if I need a replacement chair, I can probably find one. However, I'm also keeping close watch on my own patio set, in case it comes up "missing" one day.

No comments: