Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fun With Wheels

This weekend we all had some fun with things involving wheels. First, I fixed the lawnmower.

You read that right. I actually did something mechanically inclined. Dealing with engines and such isn't my thing. Outside of programing the radio station buttons on the stereo, I don't really bother doing anything with the car. Maybe it's an inherited trait, but I also inherited the desire not to pay a lot for stuff I don't like (such as, mowing the lawn).

So when my mower stopped working, I went through the instruction manual, cleaned the engine parts, changed the oil and then discovered the cap on the sparkplug was off. Basically it would have taken two seconds to fix if I had a clue (big if), but bottom line, it's done and cost $8 to repair. Bad news? Now I have to start mowing the lawn again.

But the kids also had fun on wheels, touring around outside on their toys.



Can you believe this guy will have a driver's license some day?



Not to be outdone, Lorena made sure we realized how cute she is:



Hope you guys all had a great weekend. For more photos of the kids, click here.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Wow, who says driving ability isn't inherited from the paternal genes?

By the way, at first I thought Brody's shirt said "Un-American," not "All-American," and I have to admit, there was a second or two there where I doubted his patriotism.