Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Tidbits

Here's a few snippets from this weekend:
  • Kids got to play in the sprinkler, but apparently that wasn't enough. Brody informed us how to play "Splash Tag," which is just Tag with a sprinkler added. The rules for "Splash Hide-and-Go-Seek" were a little more detailed. According to Brody, Mommy and Daddy count to 10 while the kids hide in the only hiding spot in the backyard (under the slide), then we find them and yell "Got you, Splash Tagger!" I was confused because I thought being "It" I would be the Splash Tagger, so why was I calling them that? But, I'm a Splash Rookie, so I guess I have a lot to learn.
  • We enjoyed lunch with Jason and Kristin McNeil, and their 2-year-old-daughter Sydney on Saturday. Jason gave us a quick rundown on how to plan a Disney World vacation, so if you're planning on a trip there, touch base with him. The guy should work for their reservation department, because we left and almost drove straight to Orlando.
  • We all finally got to go to church on Sunday, for the first time in weeks. The sickness has left Rocheville, which is a miracle.
  • The kids watched "Aladdin" on TV. Never mind that we have it on DVD and they always say "No" when we recommend it. They were glued to the TV. April and I noticed, however, that Aladdin gets a lot of help from the genie that doesn't count against his three wish limit. Plus we agreed this was the turning point where well-known celebrities are now the only ones allowed to be cartoon voices. There goes my dream.
We have a short week ahead of us, as April and I are headed to Richmond, Virginia to visit her best friend, Roxanne, from high school and I'm going to tag along for the ride. Hopefully Roxanne's husband likes to discuss Disney movies and can teach me more about Splash Hide-and-Go-Seek.

No comments: