Sunday, December 27, 2009

Home (Sick) for the Holidays


Another Christmas has come and gone, and this one might be one we're glad to get over with. Starting on Christmas Eve, April didn't feel well, which I thought was just her way of trying to get out of staying up late and putting out presents. As usual, I was wrong.

Turns out she had severely infected tonsils and was pretty much out of commission all day Christmas and had to go to the doctor the day after. So this was a good example of the inmates running the asylum. You kids want candy for breakfast? Sure, why not?! Play with your new bikes and rockets on the roof? Absolutely!

Actually, since April was so prepared things went really well. She wisely purchased a pre-cooked ham, so all I had to do was heat it up. After 15 minutes and realizing it couldn't fit in the microwave, I managed to turn on the oven and shove it inside. No one heats up a pre-cooked ham like I can.

The kids were unphased, since there were presents to be had. Bikes were the big surprise for Brody and Abilene. Lori got a princess dress up kit and has yet to take off her crown. I got two things I was expecting this year: 1) chocolate covered goodies and 2) fat. And April got some drugs from Walgreens. We've truly been blessed.

The kids also got a pretty cool rocket launcher that may have justified my newfound weight gain.

Some photos are below, but you can see more by clicking here.






No comments: