Yup, they actually did it, beating the Tigers 4-2 in Game 5, giving the Cards their 10th World Series title, second only to the New York Yankees. David Eckstein was named the MVP of the series.
Speaking of Eckstein, for those of you that know Clete Seyle, don't they bear a striking resemblance? In fact, I don't think I've ever seen them in the same place at the same time. Maybe they are the same person?! Check out the photos below and you make the call.
David Eckstein, World Series MVP
Clete (back row, far left), me and the mighty men of Rosebud cabin at T Bar M Summer Camp in 2002.
2 comments:
You know, we always wondered if Clete had a secret double life. I guess if he goes and wins the World Series for the Cards, the least you can do is go with his name suggestion. And no, he didn't pay me to say that.
Thanks for the plug, Ruth. But, for both of you: I can assure you that I am not David Eckstein. I'm Cleat Sile. Several of my colleagues here in Omaha can verify that I was here all last week... anyway, I've gotta go hop in the 'vette and meet Ash for an early lun-- I mean, I've gotta hop in my 94 Accord to go have lunch by myself. Because... I didn't win a... corvette last week. And I'm not... married to anyone. Really. I'm not. Nope. Sure am not. Because I'm not David Eckstein.
Post a Comment