Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Great Saturday

What a great Saturday we've had. First, I get to spend most of the day barbecuing 8 pounds of pulled pork for our get together with our church group, Family Foundations. Fortunately the time wasn't wasted, as the pork turned out just fine. I don't mind sharing recipies, so if you're interested, it can be found at the Weber website (click here) along with a lot of other great stuff.

Speaking of great stuff, I got to use the new remote thermometer April gave me for my birthday along with the charcoal scoop given by Tommy and Ruth. Both worked great. Thanks guys!

The get-together tonight was fun, with a couple of giant inflatable jump things for the kids and a tire swing that Brody enjoyed thoroughly. Great food, great friends, a great time all around.

Then, to top off a great day, the Cardinals win Game 1 of the World Series 7-2. So, at least we won't have a repeat of the horrible sweep in 2004. Keep those wins coming Cards!

No comments: