Friday, October 26, 2007

Who buys this stuff?!?!

I'm in St. Louis this weekend visiting my family, so please pray for April's sanity as she cares for the three kids.

As I've mentioned before, reading through the Sky Mall catalogue is always a source of enjoyment when I fly. This time I found a couple doozies that have really made me question my faith in humanity. Judge for yourself:

Big Foot Garden Sculpture:
"With his characteristically big feet, our over two-foot- tall Garden Yeti will have guests doing a double-take as they admire your creative gardening style!"



Why would you put this in your yard? Are you going to film your own version of Planet of the Apes? Could you not find a Lock Ness Monster figurine to go in your pool?

NeckPro Traction Device:
"May be used for the relief of neck pain associated with cervical disc herniations, spondylosis, osteoarthritis, cervical radiculopathy, neck strain, pinched nerve in upper spine with associated pain radiating down upper extremities, tension and/or tightness (muscle spasm) in muscles of the upper back, shoulders and neck, fibromyalgia, whiplash, and insomnia."



I laughed out loud when I saw this one. Think about what you would do if you came home and saw your spouse doing this, and I think you'll laugh too.

Jumpin' Jammerz: Polar Fleece Footed Pajamas
"Are you tired of cold feet? Can't find your slippers? Well, who needs slippers! Keep your feet happy and warm in the fleecy soft comfort of Jumpin' Jammerz."

I don't think I should wear the same kind of pajamas that Brody does. This is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as these fabric patters. With this look and name (Jumpin' Jammerz? Really?!), I haven't seen anything that reeked more of the 1980's since that Back to the Future marathon on TV a few weekends ago.

But hey, at least it makes for some fun on the flight. And April, don't look at the credit card statement this month, because I don't want to spoil your Christmas gift...

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Justin, just wanted to say thanks for a great weekend! I never would have thought we would be able to hit so many strip clubs in one night. Thanks for not letting me give up. I know you felt bad when you gambled away your 401(k) at the casino afterwards, but don't worry, these things have a way of figuring themselves out. I just hope April never finds out -- do you think she'll buy the 'visiting family' story? Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

That garden yeti looks like the scarey Harry...from Harry and the Hendersons....