Friday, May 2, 2008

On Heaven's Menu

A big thanks and "shame on you" to April's best friend Roxanne, for sending us a casket full of goodies from Omaha Steaks.

And no, I didn't mistype "basket." All this food came in a giant styrofoam container the size of a casket. If there's a nuclear fallout, I think we'll all hide inside it for safety.

This thing has everything: steaks, burgers, chicken and even chocolate lava cakes (and you know how good desserts are when they mimic volcanoes!).

But the pinnacle was the potatoes au gratin:



This is what they're serving in Heaven right now. I contend that you have not known joy, love or happiness until you've taken a bite of these golden gobs of goodness (and I have a copyright pending for "golden gobs of goodness" so don't even think about trying to use it).

If the house caught on fire and I could only save one thing, I would leave the savings bonds and grab these. I'm telling you they are GOOD.

Could use some bacon bits though...

No comments: