Yes, I realize that title is probably overused, but it's the best I could come up with on such little sleep.
Bottom Line: We're OK.
Rocheville pretty much evacuated due to Hurricane Ike. On Thursday, April and the kids headed to her folks house in Katy on the west side of Houston. They never lost power, are stocked with food, and Brody has been playing the Nintendo Wii non-stop since their arrival. They're in the best possible place right now.
I remained behind to help take care of things at the mall and the house. We lost power at the house at 12:30 am Saturday morning. At around 2 am, howling winds and rattling windows let me know Ike was upon us. So, I sought refuge in the only room without windows in our house: the downstairs bathroom. I also grabbed the mattress off of Abby's bed, which didn't quite fit in the 6'x6' room, as you can see.
Bottom Line: We're OK.
Rocheville pretty much evacuated due to Hurricane Ike. On Thursday, April and the kids headed to her folks house in Katy on the west side of Houston. They never lost power, are stocked with food, and Brody has been playing the Nintendo Wii non-stop since their arrival. They're in the best possible place right now.
I remained behind to help take care of things at the mall and the house. We lost power at the house at 12:30 am Saturday morning. At around 2 am, howling winds and rattling windows let me know Ike was upon us. So, I sought refuge in the only room without windows in our house: the downstairs bathroom. I also grabbed the mattress off of Abby's bed, which didn't quite fit in the 6'x6' room, as you can see.
So, when people ask me how I fared through Ike, I can tell them I faced it like a man, locked in a bathroom laying on my 2 1/2 year old's pink and white polka-dot mattress. I imagine Patton or He-man would have done the same.
The house is still without power as of today. April and the kids are going to stay in Katy as long as they can. I will continue to enjoy dry cereal and corn chip meals, hoping for the electricity to come on soon.
But, as I said, we're OK. However, yesterday I did have to throw out tons of frozen Omaha Steak products that we had in the freezer. It's the only time I've cried through this whole ordeal...

No comments:
Post a Comment