Thursday, November 20, 2008

Why Americans Are Fat

With the holidays coming up, we're all bound to put on a few pounds. It happens, but I think I've discovered the reason why the entire country is struggling with weight issues.

Here's a photo of a box of corn dogs we bought.



Look good, don't they? Well, take a peek at the lower left-hand corner.



That's right, this photo represents a serving suggestion. Apparently SEVEN corn dogs constitutes a single serving. This is why Americans are fat:

1) The box says to eat seven corn dogs at once
2) We always believe and do what we read
3) We usually have seconds, which means buying and eating another box of corn dogs

Well, at the risk of depriving our kids of their recommended daily allowance of corn dog, I think we'll stick with giving them one at a time.

Please don't tell the FDA we're bad parents.

No comments: