On an application asking what days and hours a person is available, they put "365" for days and "24" for hours. This person has absolutely nothing going on in their life and apparently does not require sleep.
Under the Education portion of a resume, one applicant put "Masters in Education: 2010." I'm pretty sure you can't count degrees that haven't happened yet, unless that person has a time machine, in which case they should just play the lottery and not apply for jobs.
In the Education section of the application, asking for school and number of years attended, one person put "High School, 12 years." I'm hoping it didn't take this applicant three times as long to graduate as most people, but sounds like he needs to hook up with the time machine guy.
And my personal favorite, the one that makes me laugh every time:
In the Objective statement at the top of the resume, one person stated they were looking for a "position with a successful company where I can apply my talents and unleash my assertiveness." Unleash your assertiveness?! Are you stuck in a job that's been hindering your assertiveness? Have you been holding back for some reason? Not sure I want you unleashing any kind of pent up emotion in my office. Yeesh.
If you have any favorites, please feel free to share, unless they're about me, then I will unleash my suing legal team on you.
1 comment:
I had a guy once check the "Yes" box under "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" Under the explanation, he wrote "Child molestation".
Were it me, I think I might take the chance that the prospective employer wouldn't find out about that particular detail of my life and check "No," rather than gamble that said employer would be keen on hiring a child molester.
Post a Comment