Friday, February 19, 2010

Classy Camry

The other day we received our new Texas license plate. I don't care much for the design (seeing as they shot down my idea of a cowboy riding a space shuttle shooting lazer pistols at aliens and robots), but perhaps I'm not as sophisticated as I think.

Case in point: My installation of the new plates.

Now putting on new license plates should be a simple process. There are just two screws. Now those of you who have paid attention (and read this post and this post) know just how handy of a man I am. This should have been a relatively easy task.

However, one of the screws on the back plate was rusted. And, as all men know, if something won't budge the answer is always more brute force. Enter the power drill with a flathead screwdriver bit. Add some major torque and viola! You have yourself a permanently embedded screw with the head torn right off.

"Oh no Justin!" you say. "How will you ever be able to drive your car without being able to install your license plate?!" Fear not, for I have a solution just as classy and aesthetic as the rest of my 1996 Toyota Camry's appearance: a white cable zip tie. Behold!



Like I said, classy! So, in keeping with Roche tradition, I envision this "short term" solution to last around 4-5 years, or about the time the other rusted screw gives way.

No comments: