Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Moving Day Delayed

Rain, sleet, ice and below freezing temperatures have officially shut down San Antonio, and consequently the moving trucks. So instead of loading our stuff up and leaving town, I've spent today among packed boxes and a near-empty refrigerator, hoping tomorrow is a better day.

We had to move our closing date for our new home in Houston back a day due to the delay, so if the movers can't move our stuff tomorrow, we could be in a real pickle. It goes without saying I'd rather be in a real house instead.

Fortunately April and the kids went to Houston yesterday and are safe and warm at the Connell's house. Also fortunately, they left five chicken nuggets here in the freezer and a couple slices of bread. It's what I like to call the Stranded Man's Feast.

So, stay tuned as Mother Nature wreaks havoc on our carefully laid plans. One more day like this and I'll be forced to make some kind of soup out of the mayo and cleaning supplies we have left in the house.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Ugh. That's no fun. Hope that you guys are able to get out of town tomorrow!