Well, we've decided to continue joining the 21st century and get a new computer. We were operating off of an old computer that I used from two jobs ago. It was no longer acceptable for basic work functions, yet somehow we managed to squeeze a few more years out of it at home. Now we really don't have a use for the old one, unless we want to try this doorstop idea:
We opted for a Dell, which is good and bad because:
GOOD - They give you the option of customizing your computer
BAD - See GOOD reason above
They give you options on what kind of super-processor you want and if you'd like another gigabyte to go with your high-speed whatchamacallit. I wish they gave a choice like "Do you want to check email?" and "Would you like it to make you a sandwich and do your taxes?" Thanks a lot Dell...
But it's all set up and we're really impressed with its speed and ease of use (which basically means we can find Freecell in the game section and managed to beat it a few times). I really hate that Freecell King. He taunts me with that smile and error message that says I can't make the move I want...


The Freecell King - and his smug smile

No comments:
Post a Comment