Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Husband Rules

For any of our single, male readers out there that plan to get married one day, any recently married men, or guys who have been hitched for a while and need a refresher course, allow me to present Husband Rule #46:

"Don't, under any circumstances, compare your wife to Big Foot*"

This morning, during a typical friendly sarcastic back-and-forth between April and I, I wanted to emphasize how sassy I thought her comments were. So, in a tragic attempt to mix humor/playfulness/name calling, I said, "You're awfully sassy this morning. You're like Sasquatch!"

Get it?! Sasquatch....Sass-quatch?! As you can imagine, if it's not funny reading it now, it certainly wasn't this morning.

So Gentlemen, please remember to observe HR #46, no matter how funny or clever your pun may seem. The consequences are dire and, as in most husband-wife interactions, you're better off just offering a preemptive apology.

*"Big Foot" meaning either 1) The mythical, hairy, man-like creature that roams the woods and eludes crazed enthusiasts or 2) The monster truck.

2 comments:

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

*see Husband Rule #47: Do not blog about calling your wife a sasquatch

Anonymous said...

agreed--- delete delete delete and never look back :)