Just a few items from our life recently:
The Arrival of "The Knob"
The missing knob for our new stove finally arrived. If you recall a recent post, we purchased a new stove back in June and one of the knobs was broken. Simple fix, right? Well, they said it would take 3-5 weeks to get a new one. These are apparently very special knobs...
We waited and when no knob came, we contacted Sears, who said they couldn't find an order in the system and would have to send a new knob out, and it would take 7-10 days (they must use really funky calendars at Sears). So, after more waiting, it arrived, and is everything we hoped it would be (namely, a device to turn on and off the back burner).
Anticipating Another Special Arrival
No, it's not that kind of "special arrival" (I think we've had our fill). Recently a scientific breakthrough in taste technology made it possible to infuse the taste of bacon with ordinary table salt. The result? Bacon Salt, the most delicious invention on Earth since...well...bacon.
So of course we (Justin) sent away for the entire set and we (Justin) are really looking forward to using it on everything we (Justin) eat until we (Justin) have a heart attack and we (April) have to drive ourselves (Justin) to the hospital.
We'll let you know when it gets here and if it is as good as advertised. Oh, we (Justin & April) certainly hope so.

Doctor Check-up
Lorena had her four month checkup yesterday, and everything appears fine. She has started on some solid foods, beginning with some rice cereal and doing fairly well. I imagine her appetite for real food will increase once we get the Bacon Salt in the mail...
"Mission: Im-potty-sible" or "The Struggle Continues"
We're still working with Brody on the whole potty training situation. It's not that he's resistant. He realizes what the potty is for and how it works. He's just so wrapped up in his busy play schedule to realize before it is too late that he needed to go. Here's a inner conversation that Brody has just about daily:
Brody's Bladder: I think it's time we went to the potty.
Brody's Brain: Yes, that makes sense since we had juice an hour ago. Let's head to the potty.
Brody's Eyes: Hey! There's my toy race car and airplane! Let's play with it!
Brain: No, we need to use the potty.
Brody's Hands: I got the toys! Let's play!!!
Brain: But, the potty...
Rest of Body: YEE-HAW!!!! TOYS!!!!
Bladder: Um...guys? Guys?! GUYS?! Aw, forget it...
The Cats Are Trying To Kill Me
And finally, our cats are officially trying to kill me.
The other night, as I was walking down the stairs, they knocked a toy off the ledge at juuuuusssttt the right moment to strike me in the head as I made it downstairs. Now, they knock things down all the time, but this sinister combination of precision timing and obvious harmful motive has led me to a conclusion I've suspected for some time now: they're out to get me.
Before they've just tried to give me a heart attack by spitting up on the carpet and not using the litter box, but now they're resorting to physical methods. I swear, the day I come home and there's a giant mousetrap with a plate of ribs as bait, the cats are out of here.
That is, unless the ribs have Bacon Salt on them...that might be worth the risk.
The Arrival of "The Knob"
The missing knob for our new stove finally arrived. If you recall a recent post, we purchased a new stove back in June and one of the knobs was broken. Simple fix, right? Well, they said it would take 3-5 weeks to get a new one. These are apparently very special knobs...
We waited and when no knob came, we contacted Sears, who said they couldn't find an order in the system and would have to send a new knob out, and it would take 7-10 days (they must use really funky calendars at Sears). So, after more waiting, it arrived, and is everything we hoped it would be (namely, a device to turn on and off the back burner).
Anticipating Another Special Arrival
No, it's not that kind of "special arrival" (I think we've had our fill). Recently a scientific breakthrough in taste technology made it possible to infuse the taste of bacon with ordinary table salt. The result? Bacon Salt, the most delicious invention on Earth since...well...bacon.
So of course we (Justin) sent away for the entire set and we (Justin) are really looking forward to using it on everything we (Justin) eat until we (Justin) have a heart attack and we (April) have to drive ourselves (Justin) to the hospital.
We'll let you know when it gets here and if it is as good as advertised. Oh, we (Justin & April) certainly hope so.

Doctor Check-up
Lorena had her four month checkup yesterday, and everything appears fine. She has started on some solid foods, beginning with some rice cereal and doing fairly well. I imagine her appetite for real food will increase once we get the Bacon Salt in the mail...
"Mission: Im-potty-sible" or "The Struggle Continues"
We're still working with Brody on the whole potty training situation. It's not that he's resistant. He realizes what the potty is for and how it works. He's just so wrapped up in his busy play schedule to realize before it is too late that he needed to go. Here's a inner conversation that Brody has just about daily:
Brody's Bladder: I think it's time we went to the potty.
Brody's Brain: Yes, that makes sense since we had juice an hour ago. Let's head to the potty.
Brody's Eyes: Hey! There's my toy race car and airplane! Let's play with it!
Brain: No, we need to use the potty.
Brody's Hands: I got the toys! Let's play!!!
Brain: But, the potty...
Rest of Body: YEE-HAW!!!! TOYS!!!!
Bladder: Um...guys? Guys?! GUYS?! Aw, forget it...
The Cats Are Trying To Kill Me
And finally, our cats are officially trying to kill me.
The other night, as I was walking down the stairs, they knocked a toy off the ledge at juuuuusssttt the right moment to strike me in the head as I made it downstairs. Now, they knock things down all the time, but this sinister combination of precision timing and obvious harmful motive has led me to a conclusion I've suspected for some time now: they're out to get me.
Before they've just tried to give me a heart attack by spitting up on the carpet and not using the litter box, but now they're resorting to physical methods. I swear, the day I come home and there's a giant mousetrap with a plate of ribs as bait, the cats are out of here.
That is, unless the ribs have Bacon Salt on them...that might be worth the risk.
1 comment:
You have no idea how much I enjoy the read each time you write. It's great hearing about everyday life down there in such a humorous way. Thanks!
Mom
Post a Comment