Sunday, July 29, 2007

That was a fun weekend...Dudes!

This weekend April's Grandmother's (on her Mother's side) sisters and daughter were in town (did you get all that?) so we went over to the Connell's Saturday and then to a delicious dinner at Grandma Sammie's (GG to the great grand kids).

I know, I have trouble keeping track of it all too...

But we had a fun time swimming, playing at the park and, of course, eating cake, as evidenced by these photos (Sorry, the memory card from our camera is choosing to be difficult, so these are some low quality shots from a camera phone):











However no matter what we did this weekend, any conversation with Brody invariably included the word "Dude," as in, "Let's go to the park dudes!" or "C'mon dudes!" I think we have a character from Bob the Builder to thank for that.


You see, we have one Bob DVD that the kids love watching over and over and over and over and over and over and...well...you get the point. One character, Scrambler, is known for two things: going fast and saying "Dude" a lot (I don't know what they pay these writers, but I may be in the wrong business).

So Brody has chosen to incorporate this word into every sentence he utters, even stating "Good night dudes!" as we tucked him in this evening. I suppose when he's a teenager, we'll long for the days he called us "Dudes" instead of something else...


Bob and Scrambler, the Dude Machine

No comments: