Sunday, August 19, 2007

Let the Vacation Begin!

We made it to St. Louis without much problem on the flight, thank goodness. So far the kids have been spoiled by Nana and Grandpa, and the whole Roche clan came over to see the newest arrival, Lorena.

Part of our agenda this weekend was my ten year high school reunion. For all the TV sitcoms I've seen with awkward situations at reunions, this one was really enjoyable and void of embarassing moments or scorned girlfriends (whew!)

However, there was one encounter with a former classmate (we'll call her Betty) to which April reacted with a mixture of laughter and silent hostility as only a spouse can:

Betty: Justin! Great to see you!
Justin: Hey Betty, how are you? This is my wife April.
Betty: Hi April, Justin and I had chemistry...(unreasonably long pause)...class together.
April: Oh?! (evil eye glance at Betty, then me)
Justin: Great. Nice to see you Betty...

Please let it be known that Betty married her highschool boyfriend and I don't recall ever having chemistry class with her...

No comments: