We are fascinated with accuracy from long distances, and each guy knows exactly what I'm talking about. Wadded up piece of paper? Dirty diaper? Soda can? All are viewed as possible projectiles that can prove our degree of awesomeness in direct relation to how far we had to throw to make the wastebasket.
My wife has severe optical pain from constant eye rolls as I employ this male trash removal technique every chance I get. Nightly, I will scoop the cat box into a sealed bag and attempt to launch it into the garage trash can, about ten feet from the door. I miss half the time, but that doesn't stop me from doing it again, every single night.
Would I get 100% accuracy if I simply walked ten feet and dropped the bag into the trash can? Sure, but my awesome rating would drop to all-time low. Consequently, if I could manage to stand at the end of the driveway and nail a kitty litter three pointer, I'd be King of the World.
How do I know that to be true? Every guy reading this just nodded and said aloud, "Oh man! Yeah!" (That, my friend is man-speak for, "Jolly good show, old chap!")
So, cut your man some slack. He can't help it, and if draining a wadded up napkin from across the kitchen makes him feel a little better, so be it.
Besides, we know you are secretly impressed and do it when we're not around...
1 comment:
It's not so much the missing your shot that causes the eyeroll...it's the LEAVING IT ON THE FLOOR OF THE GARAGE so I have to pick it up and throw it away in the morning when I take the kids somewhere.
Which is, consequently, where I found said bag of cat poo this morning.
Post a Comment