- Shame - Apparently last year I did a disservice to Family Camp, as I didn't adequately blog about our 2008 experience. Fortunately there are people in my life that care enough to bluntly point out this fact (for the sake of anonymity, let's call her Belli Koyd). Never again will I hoard my own memories away from you, the faithful five people who actually read this thing. My sincere apologies.
- Fear - While carrying Lorena, someone asked her the typical "How old are you?" question and my two-year-old daughter gave the not so typical response in her typical cute, high-pitched voice, "I'm Sixteen!" I am afraid for what the next 14 years will bring.
- Medical Marvels - As April observed,
Brody somehow became surgically attached to our counselor Eric's shoulders. Brody's legs may have atrophied since he didn't have to walk anywhere all weekend.
- Acceptance - Apparently we brought home more than we brought, because Abilene announced today she found an imaginary friend at camp who came home with us. As if this wasn't complicated enough, apparently this friend is female, 20 feet tall and named "Tubby." But she also has the ability to shrink to normal size, when she is known as "Bicky" or super tiny, when her name changes again to "Cheesy." We have complex children and apparently complex imaginary friends.
- Being a caring father - Camp takes a lot out of everyone, especially the kids.

One night at dinner, Abilene was so exhausted she fell asleep at the table. My fatherly instincts kicked in and slid some napkins under her cheek. Yup, I think I'll take a sip from my #1 Dad mug now...
- Humility - During a flag football game among all the fathers, I managed to cut my finger making a truly awesome tackle (OK, it was mediocre at best). As I went over to a picnic table with medical supplies the camp nurse looked at my wound and commented, "Oh I don't have any little bitty band-aids. I'll have to go back to the cabin and see if there are any in there." Apparently I can't even get hurt in a manly manner.
The weekend was truly a great time. We got to see old friends, listened to some great music (check out David Dunn and enjoy), heard powerful messages from the pastor of Watermark Community Church in Dallas (sermons available here), swam, embarrassed myself at tennis, ate like crazy and took a bunch of photos (view by clicking here). T Bar M is truly a fantastic place.
And Kelli I hope you're happy...
2 comments:
Just letting you know that I read it.
Dad in Law
Oh, so happy, I am!
I really laughed outloud!
It was so very good to see you all...not only are yall funny...but great parents...and your kids, so precious.
Even though I was there...it was so fun to read about!
Joy,
Belli Koyd
Post a Comment