A quick recap of the highlights so far this weekend:
- We played musical beds this afternoon, with Brody getting the full size bed that was in the guest room and Abilene getting the twin for her first "big girl" bed. She was thrilled, especially with the new pink polka dot sheets.


We're glad the kids were excited, but when they get this hyped up about new sheets and sleeping areas, you wonder why we bother buying them toys.


We're glad the kids were excited, but when they get this hyped up about new sheets and sleeping areas, you wonder why we bother buying them toys.
- Lorena's first birthday is officially tomorrow, but we let her open some presents already.
- This was the scene outside Lowe's today during one of our errands.
I don't know what kind of insect killer you have to buy to treat this variety of giant ant, but if they're ever in my yard, I'm either charging everyone for admission or just moving. I don't think even the SLoMO has a chance against something like this.
- Finally, my highlight of the day was taking a mid-afternoon nap. Not that I needed a reason to feel old, but when you can honestly say it was "awesome" to take a nap, you are far removed from being a kid anymore.
- April's highlight? Getting three of her four kids to take a nap today. Brody was the lone holdout.



No comments:
Post a Comment