Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Very Important Post

This entry is very important because:

1) It moves that photo of my ugly mug down the page so you don't have to see it anymore.
2) Something awesome happened today.

This afternoon I got an email from Jamie Purviance, chef of several Weber grilling cookbooks. We've emailed back and forth a few times, talking about recipes (April calls it stalking, but after consulting a lawyer, I've been told it's not).

Anyway, he's working on a new book and invited me to test out a few recipies. Let me retype that in case you missed it. He...the professional chef...invited me...a guy with a questionable goatee...to test a few recipies...for his new book...that will be published...nationwide. This is either very awesome for me or very sad for him (quite possibly it could be both).

So every weekend in July I'll be working on a new recipe, checking them out and giving him some feedback. And they'll pay for the cost of the food. That's right! I'm getting paid to grill (well, actually I'm getting reimbursed to grill, but quit trying to rain on my parade).

I don't know the theme of the new book, but hopefully it's something fun and not vegetarian grilling, insect grilling or nude grilling. Anything else will be just fine.

So something awesome for me and you don't have to see my photo anymore. It's a win-win!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Two thoughts:
1)Very cool -- congrats!
2)Can we come over one weekend in July?

Oh, and a third thought:
How did you get your links to show the most recent entries?