Saturday, June 14, 2008

Weekend Tidbits

Last night we received an unexpected surprise: a free night of baby sitting. Someone from our church called and offered to give us a night out, so we called their bluff.

Nothing fancy, but we did enjoy an outing to Berryhill Tamales, complete with live music (They covered The Beatles and Doobie Brothers for a double whammy) and then ended the evening with the largest sopapias on the patio at Hector's, our favorite mexican food restaurant.

Typically we visit Hector's on Sunday afternoons after church, but we were thrilled that they recognized us on Friday night without the kids. We're officially regulars!

Tonight's dinner involved less travel but just as much entertainment. See for yourself:




Finally, I recently changed my cell phone ring tone to the Indiana Jones theme song (dorky, I know, but not nearly as dorky as using the word dorky in your blog, much less using it three times). However, due to all the marketing and cross-promotions between the new Indiana Jones movie and Burger King, Lunchables, Lego, Pepto Bismol, Jiffy Lube, Nike, Motel 6, our neighbor's lemonade stand and countless other companies, everytime a commercial comes on I think my phone is ringing.


If anyone has a better idea for my ring tone, I'm open to suggestions. Otherwise I figure I should get a dollar everytime I get a call, just for helping to market the new movie.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Did you see it yet?