The book in question lately is a favorite from my childhood: "Detective Arthur and the Case of the Mysterious Stranger."

This is a classic tale of a dog wearing a hat, following clues to uncover the identity of a stranger in town. I believe some variation of this story is found in nearly every culture that has ever existed. But night after night, even though Brody knows the identity of the mysterious stranger (SPOILER ALERT: It's Uncle Bernard!!!) he invariably picks this book right before bedtime.
It's hard to read this thing over and over, but I have to remember how much I enjoyed this book as a kid and that this is what being a Dad is all about. Plus, I do a killer Uncle Bernard impression that leaves Brody cracked up every time.
But if anyone out there needs Christmas ideas early, Brody would welcome any of the other Detective Arthur books (and so would we!).
No comments:
Post a Comment