Case in point, today Abilene said, "Hey Daddy?" with a sweet little voice that only a three-year-old girl can make, where the last syllable of "Daddy" goes up a half octave.
"Yes, what is it?" I replied, anticipating an equally sweet, little answer from my toddler daughter.
"I love Mommy," she stated, and left it at that.
Now I think it's great that Abby loves her mother, but why use me as the recipient of this information? Wouldn't it have made more sense to tell April directly, who was sitting next to me in the car? Was Abby passive-aggressively rubbing it in my face? Is my sweet, little girl a manipulative mastermind?
Well, I'm not falling into her trap, designed to make me earn her love. Now we're off to run an errand, where I'm going to buy her whatever she wants so she'll declare her affection for me...
Oh dang...
No comments:
Post a Comment