Monday, January 19, 2009

Dallas Celebration & Respiration

Saturday was a long day, as we headed out of Rocheville and drove up to Dallas. April's great-grandparents were celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary. That's right, 75th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. An impressive feat to be sure, as the average marriage lasts 7-8 years according to page 9 of this census document.

The party itself was fun, getting to see family members and eating a pretty amazing Bourbon Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin at Celebrations Restaurant. I ended up with a seat at the kiddie table, but got my own crayons and activity sheet, so I was a happy camper.

Brody, however was not happy. He had developed a cough that morning, and since he had a touch of pneumonia in December, we kept an eye/ear on it. Unfortunately it did not get better and as he tried to go to sleep that night, his coughing and breathing became worse. So at 1 am, Brody and I made a trip to Children's Medical Center to get him checked out. There he got to watch three movies, charm the nurses, eat three popsicles and get a nebulizer treatment with a cool "air mask" that he got to take home as a souvenir.

He's actually smiling in this photo and was in good spirits most of the time.



We were released around 4:30 am. The doctor said Brody had a great personality, an upper respiratory infection and cool pajamas (not necessarily in that order). He's still recovering now, and so am I. Can't remember the last time I was up until 5 am, but I'm pretty sure I won't be doing it again any time soon.

Unless, that is, I get my own air mask...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mike said...

If Brody ever needs some tips about the "hottest" nebulizer trends of the year, or where to score some sweet, sweet bronchial dilator medicine, have him give me a ring.