My younger brother set an ambitious goal this year. He wants to run 1,000 miles. Me being the supportive older brother gave him some grief, to which he questioned my ability to run two consecutive miles.
From that moment, it was ON.
I suggested that he put his money where his feet were and we'll see who runs the most miles this year. We went back and forth and settled on the most miles by the end of May.
So, it's the 30-year-old vs. the college freshman. I probably don't stand a chance, but at least I'm getting some good exercise in the mean time. And maybe, just maybe, I'll win. I figure I'm the tortoise in this story, but let's hope that strategy works a second time.
If you want to keep track of our progress, you can click here for our totals and a nifty bar chart. Also, if you're on Facebook, join the "Roche 'Race to June' Challenge" group to offer your encouragement or trash talk.
I'm already behind, but it's all part of my plan (at least that's what I'm telling myself).
No comments:
Post a Comment